How I Found My Husband in 6 Weeks
I was a single mum and fed up with dating. I wanted to find a husband, so I set myself a new years goal to get my Mr. Right. I joined a dating website with a strategy to find the perfect man and I met my husband 6 weeks later! Today we are happily married and so i’m happy to share my dating do’s and don’ts, which lead me to find my Mr perfect!
- First I invested in myself. Had my hair done. Bought new makeup, clothes. and planned lots of coffee dates with friends and a holiday with my daughter. I also took on more responsibility with volunteering at my church. I wanted to look and feel good about myself all the time. And not get too focused on or disappointed if the husband hunting didn’t go to plan.
- I made a list of qualities I wanted in a husband and I set my standards high. I had dated some not so great members of society so wanted to make sure I didn’t make the same mistakes again. I had everything from liking camping, to Salary, personality types, and to be tall and into fitness! It wasn’t a vanity exercise, it was to make sure I met someone I would be very compatible with.
- I wrote my profile with a friend she helped me and made sure I came across well. I was honest about my expectations and the reason I joined the dating website. I wanted to settle down and find a husband. And I didn’t want to mess around or have fun.
- I out photos of me doing fun things! If recently had a photo shoot for my business so included these professional photos. I wanted to present myself in the best possible light.
- I replied to all my messages within an hour or sooner. I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss a message or waste anyones time.
- I practised meeting up with a few guys straight away from the dating sites just for coffee just to test out meeting strangers. When you think about it, it’s a very odd concept. Meeting up with someone you don’t know. And I was very nervous so wanted to make sure I could do it without ruining it. So I stepped out of my comfort zone and just went for it. And suggested meeting up with people very quickly.
- I asked to chat to people on the phone after. A few messages. I felt you can get to know people better during a phone call. Rather than millions of messages back and forth.
- I met up with anyone who fit my criteria even if they weren’t 100% perfect. You have to be very open to stepping out of your comfort zone. You just never know what might happen.
- I met my husband after just a couple of weeks but had messaged dozens of people. And I kept messaging them even after meeting my husband for a coffee. You shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket. You never know if the person you are talking to might be meeting up with someone else.
- I removed my profile as soon as my husband asked me to start dating him exclusively. I didn’t want to mess anyone else around.
- I had a list of questions written out for my dates so I had something to talk about, and it made the dates more interesting.
- I found out their intentions for dating very early on and a timeline so I knew whether we were on the same page. I don’t have time for time wasters
Liberty Pearl Photo & Film Collective – Team of 6 female photographers & videographers | We capture weddings across the UK and internationally | Elopements, full day weddings & 3 day weddings, proposals, engagement, honeymoon & anniversary shoots.
We also have a vintage photo booth
Call me: 07863889677